True love is one of those feelings that is very difficult to define. You can often see the signs of love in a loving relationship. There are certain signs of love that can be seen . There are many definitions of what love is or isn’t. True love is not necessarily dependent on a sexual relationship. You can experience love for your siblings, mother or any other family member. You do however, have to have some of the following in your relationship, to categorize it as being true love.
- Give and take in love-You give to the relationship without any expectation of anything in return from your partner to justify your actions
- Pure happiness-Just watching this special person smile or laugh out loud fills you with intense happiness, even if you are having a hard day.
- Pain and anger.-You get hurt when your lover upsets you, but their actions never anger you,you can’t stay mad at them for long, because staying mad or giving them the silent treatment hurts you more.
- Sacrifices-You make sacrifices for their happiness or well-being, even if they may never realize it.
- The right effort-You go to great lengths and make an effort to improve the relationship, try to go the extra mile to make your partner feel loved and special.
- You can’t ever hurt them. If you are truly in love with someone, you cannot even imagine hurting them,emotionally or physically. True love makes you completely selfless.
- You keep your promises-when you make a promise to them,you stick to your word even if this person will never find out if you broke their promise.When you experience true love, your moral conscience becomes very strong when it comes to this one special person
- We. In a perfect relationship, it’s good to have your own space to grow as individuals. But at the same time, if you truly love your partner, you would see them as part of your life. When you think of your future, you cannot help but see them by your side.
- You share their burden. And you do that even if you really don’t have to.You can’t bear to see this special someone suffering. If they are dealing with some issue, you are always willing to offer them a helping hand, even when you have your own difficulties to deal with.
- Pride and jealousy.-You beam with pride when they achieve something, even if it’s something you were not able to accomplish. You may get jealous of a friend who outdid you, but when you love someone, jealousy never enters the picture.
- You are willing to suffer, just to see them happy
- b. Everything you do, you keep your lover in mind and think from their perspective, be it about planning a surprise party,or hanging out with your own friends after work. You don’t want to hurt your lover, so you take them into consideration before making any decision that affects them in anyway
You cannot force true love to materialize, it takes time to grow and prosper.Infatuation is not true love, but in order to experience true love there has to be some degree of physical attraction. When you are truly in love with someone, it’s like you don’t feel complete without the other person in your life.
Love can make you feel good about life. Trying to force a person to commit to you, or admit that they truly love you, will not work. Many people have unrealistic ideas about love. The divorce rate is approaching 50%, and the people who have gotten married often go into it, thinking that they have found “the one” that will make them happy forever. The reality is, that this is not always the case.